Changes to your business require the continued development of people’s capability and structure. Many times, organizations overlook the impact of change on people. Assumptions are made that employees understand, are aligned and possess the skills required to execute without further communication and skill development. We help identify and design sustainable talent practices that help build talent pools and employees’ confidence in their career and your employment brand.
Business leaders, managers, and supervisors need support in the same way professional sports figures need support. We start by assessing individual capabilities against a set of well-researched leadership competencies. This newfound awareness leads to a series of customized engagements to help participants understand the impact their leadership quality is having on others and the business. Our coaches come from a variety of backgrounds with expertise across a wide variety of business levels. While not every coach is a perfect fit, we provide a process that helps evaluate the coaching relationship as a first step.
The use of psychometric tests help better understand current and potential worker’s profiles and their fit within your organization. While a behavioral interview enables a hiring manager to assess technical skills and fit, psychometric tests statistically validate these and reveal extra information on a person’s profile, such as logical reasoning, professional attitude, ability to develop, or simply how to improve communication among your employee base. Through a variety of psychometric tests, we can help your organization better communicate and collaborate.
Central to any business is the ability to accurately assess individual performance. Our approach installs talent processes and prepares individuals and managers with tools to:
- Establish and align to a set of clear expectations from the top down
- Manage the frequent and ongoing discussion throughout the year
- Minimize the distractions and time required to manage performance
- Align individual, department and business performance as a component of any short – or long-term incentive/reward system
We believe that succession planning is the result of the continued assessment of talent, the transparent understanding of competencies required of each position, and the ongoing discussion between a manager and employee about their career aspirations. We can install or help transform your succession or talent review process from one that “labels” employees to one driven by “decisions” and actions. Our approach helps you assess the performance and potential as key factors in establishing succession and employee development plans.
Change and Transition Management
Managing physical change and helping people through change are the two important components in improving organizational performance. The physical change is often the easiest to implement and thus gains the most attention, energy and resources, but it’s only half of the solution. The more important component is people and their acceptance of change. This includes managers guiding their employees through:
- Expressions of Empathy – Education, Reflection, and Positive Inquiry
- Engagement in the Challenges– Involvement and Problem Solving
- Alignment to the Future– Reinforcement and Integration to establish the new norms Helping them process the change
In much the same way, teams move through the stages of performance, organizations follow similar behavior patterns in their quest for higher performance. Our approach will help you examine the cost, impact, actions and establish realistic timelines to achieve the expected ROI.
The right incentive plan will help drive business productivity and efficiency. We walk your team through a process that identifies your performance gaps and goals, examines alternatives and ensures the right incentive plan is deployed to drive results and culture
Achieving organizational efficiency and effectiveness requires examination of business processes to uncover the optimal manner for doing work. This requires analyzing and grouping work processes and outputs to establish the structure (people and capabilities) required to support work execution. Our approach leverages your business strategy to:
- Assess and refine the work processes and outputs
- Determine the best way to logically group the work, assign and define roles and responsibilities
- Assess the existing and new talent capabilities needed
- Define new roles and responsibilities
- Determine the staffing and/or development plans to close gaps
By combining the “technical competencies” of a role with a validated set of “leadership competencies” we can support your managers in building robust employee development plans, build better interview guides to objectively assess candidates, or help assess existing employees for future positions.
Built on the foundation of the 9-box approach, we’ll help install the capabilities to comparatively review your talent from top to bottom. In the process, you will identify those high and low performers and future leaders of your business. Our approach is based on:
- Decisions that both the employee and manager make
- Employee performance over time
- A manager’s willingness to endorse and support the employees in future roles
- Paying equal attention to both the “what” and “how” of performance and potential.
Recruiting, Hiring Practices and Skills
Organizational performance starts with hiring the right employees, not just whatever walks in the front door. The ability of an organization to assess talent before making any employment offer is critical to ensure you preserve and enhance organizational culture and performance. Too often we get desperate and compromise early because we react to the need of filling roles rather than strategically hiring the right talent. Operating from a “gut feeling” many times leads to nausea down the road once the candidate is on board. If you are experiencing high turnover and confusion around accountability, many times the hiring, recruiting, early assessment, and onboarding processes are worth examination.
We can help you:
- Develop and review position documentation
- Develop interview guides
- Assess talent to ensure positional fit
- Refine your onboarding process
- Train managers to better manage and mentor employees